1. A bad beginning makes a bad ending.
2. A bad thing never dies.
3. A bad workman always blames his tools.
4. A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush.
5. A boaster and a liar are cousins-german.
6. A bully is always a coward.
7. A burden of one's choice is not felt.
8. A candle lights others and consumes itself.
9. A cat has 9 lives.
10. A cat may look at a king.
11. A close mouth catches no flies.
12. A constant guest is never welcome.
13. Actions speak louder than words.
14. Adversity leads to prosperity.
15. Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
16. A fair death honors the whole life.
17. A faithful friend is hard to find.
18. A fall into a pit, a gain in your wit.
19. A fox may grow gray, but never good.
20. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
21. A friend is easier lost than found.
22. A friend is never known till a man has need.
23. A friend without faults will never be found.
24. "After you" is good manners.
25. A good beginning is half done.
26. A good beginning makes a good ending.
27. A good book is a good friend.
28. A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever.
29. A good conscience is a soft pillow.
30. A good fame is better than a good face.
31. A good husband makes a good wife.
32. A good medicine tastes bitter.
33. A good wife health is a man's best wealth.
34. A great talker is a great liar.
35. A hedge between keeps friendship green.
36. A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
37. A leopard cannot change its spots.
38. A liar is not believed when he speaks the truth.
39. A light heart lives long.
40. A little body often harbors a great soul.
41. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
42. A little pot is soon hot.
43. All are brave when the enemy flies.
44. All good things come to an end.
45. All rivers run into sea.
46. All roads lead to Rome.
47. All that ends well is well.
48. All that glitters is not gold.
49. All things are difficult before they are easy.
50. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
51. A man becomes learned by asking questions.
52. A man can do no more than he can.
53. A man cannot spin and reel at the same time.
54. A man is known by his friends.
55. A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
56. A man without money is no man at all.
57. A merry heart goes all the way.
58. A miss is as good as a mile.
59. A mother's love never changes.
60. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
61. A new broom sweeps clean.
62. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
63. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening.
64. An old dog cannot learn new tricks.
65. An ounce of luck is better than a pound of wisdom.
66. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
67. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
68. As a man sows, so he shall reap.
69. A single flower does not make a spring.
70. A snow year, a rich year.
71. A sound mind in a sound body.
72. A still tongue makes a wise head.
73. A stitch in time saves nine.
74. A straight foot is not afraid of a crooked shoe.
75. A wise head makes a close mouth.
76. A word spoken is past recalling.
77. A year's plan starts with spring.
78. A young idler, an old beggar.
79. Bad news has wings.
80. Barking dogs seldom bite.
81. Beauty lies in the love's eyes.
82. Be swift to hear, slow to speak.
83. Better late than never.
84. Better to ask the way than go astray.
85. Between friends all is common.
86. Birds of a feather flock together.
87. Blood is thicker than water.
88. Blood will have blood.
89. Books and friends should be few but good.
90. Business is business.
91. Business is the salt of life.
92. By reading we enrich the mind, conversation we polish it.
93. Cannot see the wood for the trees.
94. Care and diligence bring luck.
95. Caution is the parent of safety.
96. Cheats never prosper.
97. Children are what the mothers are.
98. Choose an author as you choose a friend.
99. Come what may, heaven won't fall.
100. Complacency is the enemy of study.